It’s time for an update of the eBay Marketplaces interesting statistics that I shared last year. eBay Marketplaces means we’re the team that builds ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, ebay.de, ebay.com.au, and most of the other worldwide marketplaces under the eBay brand.
Here are some refreshed and new facts:
- We have over 50 petabytes of data stored in our Hadoop and Teradata clusters
- We have over 400 million items for sale
- We process more than 250 million user queries per day
- We serve over 100,000 pages per second
- Our users spend over 180 years in total every day looking at items
- We have over 112 million active users
- We sold over US$75 billion in merchandize in 2012
eBay’s an exciting place to be — plenty of engineering, business, and commerce challenges that are driven by users, items, traffic, and sales. See you next week.